Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I'm Thankful for....

I'm so thankful for the great example set by the adults in our church. Recently, we re-arranged the teaching schedule for Sunday morning children's church. Instead of having one lady teach for months and months, we now rotate teaching by couples. It's such a neat thing to know that our parents, both dads and moms, are willing to teach. I know not all have had much experience, and some have been out of the teaching loop for a while, but they are doing a GREAT job!

One of the neatest blessings I think, is that the men/dads/young men are willing to teach also. It's so important for the kids to have those role models even at a young age.

It's been fun hearing the kids sing choruses downstairs during class time and hear them excitedly run upstairs afterwards and tell all about it. It's been fun hearing about the effort and diligence being put by the teachers too. How they are putting in extra study time during their days to think of new ways to teach a story or things to do with the kids.

In Titus 2:7,8 it says:
" In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned.."
I'm so thankful for that example being set!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Hi Emily!
Thanks for dropping by my blog. Good to hear from you. I was going to tell you to check out this site (http://weblensblogs.blogspot.com/2006/02/build-three-column-blogger-template.html) for the three-column how-to, but I see that you've already figured it out. :)

Your page is very creative--fun to peruse. I'll stop back again.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Abbi said...

I am so thankful for the very things you spoke of as well. We are so blessed at church to have so many willing workers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails