Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Yum!

Well, I took up Abbi's suggestion to organize part of my house both on Monday and last night. One of the things on my to-do list, was make a menu for this week. So far, so good. Last night's supper was DELICIOUS, if I do say so myself! :) Here is what we had:
  1. 13-bean soup
  2. Homemade wheat bread
  3. Crisp salad with croutons (croutons make everything better!!) and Ceasar dressing
  4. Orange Sherbert

It was sooo good. I picked up the Orange sherbert at the store just before supper as a treat. It was a perfect finish to the meal. I made the bread as an experiement in my bread-maker....which I'm just now learning to use. The bean soup was one of those gift-bag mixes I got for Christmas, and I did it in my slow-cooker. Here is the recipie for it:

Thirteen Bean Bag Soup

Wash 2 cups of mixed beans. Place in large kettle. Cover with water. Add T. of salt and soak overnight. Punch down floaters. In the morning, drain and put into large kettle. Add 2 quarts water and ham shank. Bring to a boil. Simmer 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

Add

  • 1 Large onion, chopped
  • 1 Large can tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 Large red pepper or pepper flakes
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste

Simmer 30 minutes and serve.

I would highly recommed this supper to anyone looking for a yummy winter meal!

1 comment:

The Fitness Diva said...

Now that sounds good. I'll have to try it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails