Thursday, April 10, 2008

Autograph Verses

Have you ever had fun doing autograph verses? Fun little quotes for cards and letters? Here are some of my favorites:


If you were a fish

And I were a duck,

I'd stick my head under,

And wish you "Good Luck!"


Good, better, best -

Never let it rest

Until your good is better

And your better is best.


Some write for pleasure,

Some write for fame,

But all I can do

Is write my name.


I dip my pen into the ink

And grasp your album tight,

But to save my life

I can’t think one single word to write


I thought, I thought, I thought in vain

At last I thought I’d write my name.


Friendship penned these lines

May virtue hold them dear

And memory often bring to mind

The friend that placed them here.


May your life be like a roll of toilet paper: long and useful.


Yours till the kitchen sinks.

Yours till the horse flies.

Yours till the bed springs.

Yours till the cake walks.

Yours till Niagara Falls.

Yours till the board walks.

Yours till the side walks.

Yours till the powder puffs.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails