Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Signs of Spring

It's a lovely warm day outside. I'm looking forward to the weekend! Spring has arrived (again) and this time, my flowers are blooming!


Here are the pretty little things that fill our front yard under the window....I don't know what they are...do you?



They are quite cheery and delicate.

Another sign of spring, sadly, is the spiders are back. Our house seems to attract them quite a bit and I'm not fond of that fact. Today I had my first reminder, as there were two "friendly" looking fellows in our front porch to welcome me home for lunch. *sigh*

Here is an interesting link I found about fun things to do with gardening and in spring: Link (I really like the weather watcher idea!)

Here is a link on how to start plants inside using eggshells and egg cartons!

I remember looking forward to spring alot. Here are some fun things I remember doing growing up:

  • Flying kits in our neighbors big yard
  • Puddle Jumping
  • Canoeing in our full ditch (when the ground was still frozen but the snow melting)
  • Looking for the first Mayflowers and Dandylions
  • Playing in the mud
  • Climbing trees
  • Picking Pussy Willows
  • Hanging sheets and blankets out to freshen up

For more ideas, check out this site

Have a fun spring!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails