Thursday, May 22, 2008

Just Thoughts...

Today is lovely. I love summer mornings when the sun is out early and the birds sing too. It makes me smile and reminds me to be thankful that God made them.

This morning I was reading Proverbs chapter 22...which talks alot about wisdom. One neat verse told about how God "watches over knowledge." Isn't that neat? That He keeps track of wisdom and truth and makes sure it is kept safe. That no matter how twisted our thinking gets in modern day times, God still holds the truth. That if we ask, He will teach us, and if we seek, He will lead us.

I don't do a very good job of seeking.

So many times I bemone the fact that I don't retain what I read as well as I should, or apply what I'm learning as I should. Most the times I remember things after I do them, like I should've been "gentle and quiet" after I've been "bold and brash" or it was the time to just "listen" but I've "given advice" or that I should've been "humble" but I "blabbered too much."

One verse that I often find myself thinking about is Titus 2:7,8 "In your teaching show integrity, seriousness, and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned."

Integrity: Genuine, honorable, good, suitable, pure teaching
Seriousness: the characteristic of a thing or person which entitles to reverence and respect
Soundness : truthful, does not deviate from the truth

These three things I want to strive to be as a teacher and as a person! Thank goodness that God holds them in His hand....that even though I struggle or fall short, I can look up and be re-assured that all things are in His control.

Ephesians 1:11, 12 It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.

Ephesians 1:17-22 I [Paul] ask - ask the God of our Master, Jesus Christ, the God of glory - to make you intelligent and discerning in knowing him personally, your eyes focused and clear, so that you can see exactly what it is he is calling you to do, grasp the immensity of this glorious way of life he has for Christians, oh, the utter extravagance of his work in us who trust him - endless energy, boundless strength! All this energy issues from Christ: God raised him from death and set him on a throne in deep heaven, in charge of running the universe, everything from galaxies to governments, no name and no power exempt from his rule. And not just for the time being, but forever. He is in charge of it all, has the final word on everything. At the center of all this, Christ rules the church.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails