Monday, June 9, 2008

Summer

It's been a long winter, and a start-and-stop spring, but finally....SUMMER is here.

You Know It Is Summer When...
Thunderclouds are a normal afternoon sight.....

Barefeet are in season...


Kittens are born....




Lilacs are blooming...



Your backyard is a jungle...



Gardens are sprouting...
(Uh, that's supposed to be a pea....if you can see past all the weeds)


And the ants are back.

I really am happy summer weather is here. Our town is so green and lush right now, and the weather is perfect for evening walks and bike rides.
Sadly, our "Summer Company" is back too. Today I found a spider making it's home in our bathroom, and my orange candy bag filled with ugly black ants.
I went on an Ant Rampage tonight, trying to get our kitchen area under control again. They came so fast! Before starting the war, I sat and watched them a while, to see where they were coming from. I was mighty surprised to see them making a trail to a crack in our ceiling! Not sure how to stop that!
I bleached out our garbage can-again-and washed down the walls. I also sprikled some black pepper around the corner, but I haven't figured out what to do on the ceiling yet. Any tips? Hopefully this will stop them for tonight at least!

6 comments:

Britt said...

Uck, I can't stand those little buggers! Both of my girls love following them around, and KayLynn even gives them kisses. Not sure if they live long after that, though so maybe it's a blessing in disguise? I got them out of my kitchen but now they are in my bathroom. Why?!? Good luck banishing them! :o)

Tracy said...

Emily, if bare feet are summer wear it is always summer to Aaron. :)

Katie said...

Sorry, no ideas for you. Though that is very annoying. We had a few ants in our kitchen when we first moved in but apparently they were from a neighbors appartment or something because we haven't seen them since. I have seen cockroaches twice though. Ugh! My mom told me though that the smell of a cat should keep them at bay. I havn't seen any since we got Doog, so maybe? Andrew is warming up to the idea of a cat anyway. Anything if he doesn't have to worry about being a night in shining armor and rescuing a damsel in distress.ha ha

Brittnee said...

Ahh:) , I am so glad summer is here also. It's beautiful out toady. I guess summer does come with ants and what not. We haven't had any problems here. Good luck!

Keren Ruth said...

I really Like your picture of poocha!

Abbi said...

Your cloud picture is very beautiful! I am having trouble with ants as well. I read about a recipe using powdered sugar and borax but I haven't tried it yet. I'll let you know if it works.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails