Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Deals and Not So Deals


Today I went shopping. Grochery shopping. But I came home with some whopping deals.

First, My strategy:


  1. Go on my lunch break so I take an hour and only an hour (otherwise I'd buy more)

  2. Pre-plan my grochery list and coupons at-the-ready

My first stop, was the farmers market. They were closed.


My second stop was Walgreens. Here is where I was blessed with some great deals. Basically, I bought 15 items, costing me about $0.30 each after coupons and rebates! On my recipet, I paid$17.01 and saved $29.00. Ah ha ha, but that is not counting the $3.00 coupon I received on my next purchase....(bringing my total down to $14.01) or the fact that I have two mail in rebates at $8.78 (bringing my total down to $5.23!). Nice. Thanks God. Here is what I bought:



  • 2 Old Spice D.O.s ($2.66)

  • 2 Herbal Essance Shampoos/Conditioner ($3.66)

  • 1 Pert Shampoo (free after rebate)

  • 2 boxes garbage bags (free after rebate)

  • 2 cans cashew nuts ($0.99)

  • 6 jellos ($1.39)

  • 2 boxes raisens ($2.00)

  • 1 carton salt ($0.50)

After that, I had to go to Walmart for our grocheries. I'm afraid, after all that good deal making at Walgreens, I made up for it at Walmart. :( We had run out of lots of staples (like flour, rice, oil, milk, etc) and they weren't particularly on sale. Ah well. God has blessed us more than enough, and for that, I'm grateful!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails