Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Interesting Recipe

I am browsing through a world cookbook for kids. It's pretty neat, and I always enjoy looking at new recipes, especially international.

Tomorrow night we are having an international potluck for the new international students arriving in Bemidji. It's always quite a crowd of excited/exhausted talking-all-at-once people. Maybe this year I'll do better at remembering names?

Here are the food items Mathew and I will be bringing:
  • A large dish of chicken curry
  • A large pan of vegetarian fried rice
  • Zucchini bread
  • Salsa & chips or some squash bake/stir fry/etc

I will post recipes...after I have succesfully tried and made the above!

Meanwhile, you may try out this recipe for me and let me know if it is any good. It is from the book I am reading now,

Brazilian Dreams (Sonhos)

"Dreams are little puffy pastries, crispy on the outside adn hollow inside."

  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 2 eggs
  • oil for frying
  • powdered sugar and cunnamon, sifted together

Place the water, sugar and salt in a saucepan, bring to a boil. Add the flour and stir quickly until the mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate. Remove from the stove and cool. Add an egg and beat the mixture with a spoon until smooth. Add the other egg, beating the mixture thoroughly. Now drop small balls of the mixture from a teaspoon into deep, hot oil. Take out when golden-brown, drain on absorbent paper, and sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar and cinnamon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails