Friday, October 17, 2008

Funny Face

It's nice having a familiar face....though somtimes un-nerving! This morning as I was walking to work, two people in a dump truck slowed through an intersection and waved and smiled at me, as if I knew them. Thankfully they didn't honk or I would've dropped everything I was carrying (I'm a little skittish sometimes!). It was nice of them to recognize me....but I'm pretty sure I don't know them...although, I suppose there's always the possibility that I've been to the dump enough times that they recognize me.... or that they really do know me and I have forgotten them!

I've also travelled to other states and had complete strangers come up and say, "Have we met before? You look so familiar!" And I have to say, "No. I don't think so. Unless you've travelled to Minnesota, because I've never been here before!" And then we proceed to have a nice friendly conversation, because they feel like they know me already... :)

I'm not sure what it is about certain faces that are so familiar. I suppose it's something about the placement of your eyes or the way you smile....I'm not sure. But I know that it didn't happen in India the last time we were there....

Either way, it's nice to get to know people, and this sure makes it easier!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails