Saturday, February 14, 2009

Gluten Free

A couple friends of mine have Celiac....and they can't have gluten products. Recently, I have decided to find out more about it, and see if I can learn how to cook that way too!
Above is a Valentines/Anniversary Pizza Kit I made for one of the friends.
  • Gluten free pizza mix (from health food store...although I found recipes to make it here and here)
  • Pepperoni
  • Cheese
  • Red Apple
  • Red M & Ms
  • Red jello
  • Tomato sauce
  • Jasmine hand lotion
  • Red coupon book to Perkins

Last week, when we had the Ladies Tea Party, I made these glueten free snickerdooles (made with rice flour), with raspberry cream cheese frosting. They were yummy.

In my research...I've run across Xanthan Gum alot.....in recipies. I thought it might be a rising agent, but as it turns out, it's a non-glueten stick-things-together agent.....so your baked goods don't fall apart without any glueten! Cool.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails