Sunday, May 10, 2009

Riches Untold

I was studying my Bible the other day, and read these couple verses:

"A man who has riches without understanding is like the beasts that perish." Psalm 49:20
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." Proverbs 9:10
It made me stop and think....am I rich without understanding? Maybe not in money, but there are certainly riches without $ value:
  • Health
  • Time
  • Job
  • Home
  • Husband
  • Close family
  • Sound mind
  • Friends
  • Creativeness
  • Piano/Music
  • Growing plants
  • Peacefulness

And if these are my riches... how am I using them? Do I have understanding? Do I ask God for wisdom on how to use these riches for His glory? Do I seek to know the Holy One so I can have understanding?

I have been so blessed...I just pray that I will be aware of what God HAS given me, thankful and wise, and generous enough to use them!

Have you "counted" your riches recently?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails