Friday, September 11, 2009

Something to Post

I wish I had a picture to post....or even something to post :)

Today I'm drinking hot tea, to soothe a sore throat. And I'm staring out the window hoping it will rain and not just be dark...because I like rain....because it is soothing and soft and pretty...

Last night I made some pillows. Little pillows. Pillows that are red with poka dots, and red with strawberries, and red with apples. I had a little helper over, and she had lots of fun stuffing "stuving" into each little pillow and watching me sew it up. After we finished 5, we took a pillow fight break. Then we had a tea party. (They go so well together don't you think!) It was good to have variety because *someone* was short on patience that night. And so we played dolls too.

And I made homemade bean soup last night....with a ham bone...and it turned out just right. And biscuits too. I'll have to post the pictures of those later....because they were great. I learned that if you place the biscuits in a circle (touching) the edges turn out flaky and soft....yum.

3 comments:

Martha said...

Yum. My favorite with bean soups is cornbread though. My girls made little pillows just a few days ago too.

tani said...

Sounds like a very fun and productive evening! Thanks for the tip on biscuits. I'll have to try that.

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy...like you should invite someone over..like your Mom and Dad...Going to have some tea too. MKL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails