Friday, December 11, 2009

Some thoughts on Bathrooms....


I know, we don't normally spend our thinking moments on bathrooms, and don't often bring the subject of them up in conversation, but I thought I might share a few tips on them anyway.

When company comes, it's a good idea to pay a little attention to our bathrooms. Now, I'm not one who has their's all fancied up with lace curtains and potporui and magazine racks, who has matching towels and painted cupboards. No, if you come to our house that's not my bathroom....you must've taken a wrong turn somewhere!

But, even if you don't have a designer home, there ARE a few things you can do to make your bathroom a nicer place in a jiffy:
  1. Re-load the toilet paper holder (bonus - have an extra roll available in a handy place)
  2. Change the garbage out
  3. Make sure there is a clean towel to dry hands on
  4. Wash the sink/counter
There you have it. You don't have to scrub the whole bathroom down if you're running short of time and high on stress....just a few touch ups like those above, make the bathroom nice and functional for you and your guests. (This is taking into account that a regular bathroom cleaning schedule is already in place :) )

One more thing I've noticed, if kids are coming over, is to leave the bathroom light on. We don't have windows in our bathroom, and it get's pretty dark and forboding at night when the hallway is dark. I've had much more success convincing a little kid to "try" if the light was on and they had a chance to "scope it out" (i.e. peek in while no-one was looking) first! :) I know this might be an electricity issue...but personally, I can deal with that more than other things ;) if it's only for a short time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails