Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What to Do with Sesame Cookies

So, the other day I decided to make some African cookies. Nigerian Sesame Cookies or Benne Cakes to be exact.
They are supposed to be crunchy & delicious, and look like this:
Image from Family Fun.

I liked it because I have a ton of sesame seeds to use, and there weren't that many other ingredients.

But, when I made them, mine looked like this:
Don't be fooled....I did NOT spread this into the pan like bars. I carefully rounded each spoonful, and set them 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet to bake!

So what do you do with flopped cookies?

Because, they were too sticky to even cut and take off in squares, I made them into these:


It works for me!

2 comments:

Mrs. Mike said...

I love sesame seed cookie-ish, snacky-ish,goodies too!
I've not tried those you picture but I could give you a super simple, snappy, delicious recipe for those little seeds of abundance!

Enjoy your day!

Anna said...

They look yummy. Do you like the flavor?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails