Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Look at Psalm 20

So, I've been reading through the book of Psalms in the mornings. It's been nice. A couple times, I've challenged myself to look at the Psalm I'm currently reading in a new light, see if I can apply it in now-a-day language.

Here is my look at Psalm 20 (read it along with the open Bible to see the comparison)

Quick Summary: This is a Psalm of the people praying for their leader
My adaptation: A prayer by me for the men's meeting nights

"May the Lord answer you when you face a pressing decision;
May the name of the God of Hosts protect you from argument and decensions.
May He send you wisdom from heaven and grant you help from the Holy Spirit.
May He remember all the times you have prayed and sought His counsel and accept the acts of service you have made Him.
May He give you the desires of your heart and make all your plans succeed."

"We the people will shout for joy when you finish a meeting/come to agreement and will give credit to God for success. May the Lord grant all your requests."

"Now I konw the Lord saves/protects those in leadership/those He has chosen. He answers them from His holy heaven with the protecting power of His right hand."

"Some trust in agendas, traditions, experience, and head knowledge, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God."

"The ones who trust in the wrong things are brought to their knees and are frustrated and fail, but we as a congregation rise up and stand firm in unity in Christ!"

"O Lord, uphold our leaders. Answer us when we pray!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails