Sunday, April 3, 2011

The healthy Snack/Dessert Quest

Over here, Keren is on a quest...for yummy and healthy desserts. I have decided to join her on this quest for a couple reasons:

One.... I too love sugar. And I love snacking.
Two....I should not eat so much sugar, both for health of myself and health of little kiddo!

So, step one, joined by my in-laws, was an agreement that I would only cook a treat once a week.(Yes, I used to do more than that)

Step two....find some nice alternatives.

I start my quest this week.

Meanwhile, I will share this nice snacking recipe for a yummy muffin. It's filling and nice, good snack for a mamma needed healthy calories :)

Oat Bran Muffins

1 1/4 cup oat bran
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup honey
1 Tbl oil
1/2 cup raisens

Mix all ingredeints until just moist. (Don't overmix or the baking soda won't work so well)
Spoon into muffin tin and back in a 400 degree oven for 16 to 18 minutes. Serve warm. (With milk!)


I have no pictures, but imagine a wonderfully moist, flaky muffin, nestled full of juicy raisens, being snacked on with a full, frothy glass of milk. :)

1 comment:

Martha said...

very lovely. and I think your description of the 'picture' makes me want to try them more than an actual picture would. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails